food. milo slice.

Milo - so Australian, right?! Too bad I'm not a huge fan of the drink itself. Nate, on
the other hand is...I discovered this recipe from The Organised Housewife. Easy & delicious - I even liked them!

I know, the photo doesn't look that great but The Organised Housewife has one that will make you WANT to make these.

Milo Slice bar by The Organised Housewife
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup self raising flour
  • 1/2 cup plain flour
  • 1/2 cup Milo (I ended up using a bit more)
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1 cup rolled oats (I categorised this as a 'healthy' snack after adding this)
  • 2/3 cup shredded coconut
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 125g (4.4oz) butter, melted

Directions
1. Grease a baking sheet and line with parchment paper
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined
3. Press your mixture into the pan
5. Bake for 15-20 min on 180C/355F

Jen's Notes:
  • I can't remember if I baked mine a bit more - something is telling me yes...just be sure you're paying attention to it so it doesn't burn.
  • I let my batch cool in the pan on a cooling rack. After it was cool to the touch, I sliced and continued to cool on the rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment