food. chicken satay burgers.

I forgot about this amazing recipe from foodwishes.com. Now that we are getting back into the swing of things, I'm back to making weekly menus. I do miss being able to order groceries from AmazonFresh but I don't mind going to the local Foodland* to pick up what we need. Since I don't know where everything is in the store, it's always about an hour trip to pick up 4 things. Yesterday we asked for quinoa and had the whole store on a hunt for it. Where was it? In the cereal aisle.

Chicken Satay Burgers from FoodWishes.com
Ingredients:
For the burger:
  • 1 pound ground chicken
  • 1 1/2 tbsp coconut milk 
  • 1/2 tsp cumin 
  • 1/4 tsp turmeric 
  • 1 tsp sambal chili sauce 
  • 1 tbsp bread crumbs 
  • 2 tsp soy sauce 
  • 3 cloves minced garlic 
  • pinch of cayenne 
  • basil, rough chop
For the peanut sauce:
  • Peanut butter 
  • Sambal or hot pepper 
For the slaw:
  • 1/2 cup grated or julienne carrot 
  • 1/2 cup grated or julienne cucumber
  • 2 tsp Asian fish sauce 
  • 1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar 
Directions: (Yes, I'm going to have you watch the video. It's good and Chef John is funny.)


Jen's Notes:
  • We ALWAYS double this recipe
  • No need for buns
  • I hate to julienne stuff so I use a shredder for the carrots
  • If you'd like the original recipe, click here
  • Instead of pan frying, we use the flat top on the BBQ 
It should look something like this:
 


*Everything here is some sort of land or world. Liquorland, Foodland...okay, those are the only two I've seen. I guess you know where my priorities stack up.

No comments:

Post a Comment